After hearing about how TD Bank North was giving $10 to anyone who read 10 books during the summer, I got very excited about pulling in some cash for an activity I enjoy already doing. Plus, working with a goal in a fixed time period is something I know helps me stay focused (think Parkinson’s law). However, after discovering that TD Bank was only offering this monetary prize to children with a “Young Saver” account, I decided to create my own 10 book challenge.
- Here is challenge that I’m offering to anyone else who wants to join my Summer of Reading 10 Books (no bank account required). Read 10 books by the end of the summer (creative, I know). With the beginning of the Summer being marked by the solstice on June 21st and the beginning of Fall being September 1st, there are just under 10 weeks left to complete this goal. With 10 weeks left in the summer, that makes for one book per week. I will continue to list the current books that I am reading and plan to read. For anyone who wants to join in on the reading adventure, I will be offering a prize package to the person who reads the most books by September 1st. The rules are as follows:
- Be honest (…think about the karma of lying)
- Contest begins today-June 28th 2010
- Each book must be at least 200 pages (just as a general guide)
- Reader must report book title after completing each book by posting to the “comment” section on this post
- Contest is open to all US residents (I’ll try an make as many exceptions as need be for people outside of the states)
The prize package will include American Apparel and Organic T-shirts and some awesome organic raw food stuff (maybe stickers too)
Are you up for the challenge? Hit the books! Namaste -George-
No related posts.